New Orleans

Olive and me

Henry and his Mama and their two dogs

Here I am getting some lovin' from Lucy


Hi. Charlie here again.

I have to tell you about one of the most exciting events so far in my life. I still get extra wiggly and wag my tail a lot when I think about it.

My humans took me on an AIRPLANE to New Orleans to visit my people there. (I think you might know them.) Well, I have to say it was one of the best times ever.

The airplane ride was loud. There were many strange sounds I'd never heard before, especially when we took off. The engines ROARED, so I tried to put my paws over my ears (that was not terribly effective). Speaking of ears, mine popped. That had never happened to me before, so I was a little scared. Once the plane leveled off my ears felt better, it was a smooth ride, and things got a little quieter. I slept most of the way to our first stop, which was in Colorado. I had to pee pretty badly by then, so my humans took me to a "pet relief" area, which was basically a smelly room with a big box of grass just like the one they had tried to get me to pee in at home. No way. I just couldn't do it. So by the time we got to New Orleans after the second flight, man was I dancing around doing quite a jig. My dad took me outside right away, and the real grass did the trick.

Soon I was in the arms of Henry, Clara and Lucy, my three favorite human cousins who I'd only ever heard about before. Now I got to meet them and play with them! They are so nice. They cuddled me, played fetch with me, gave me a bath, rubbed my belly, gave me treats and chased me all around the house. They have a big back yard, something I do not have at my house, and I got to run and run until I was too tired to run anymore. My cousins have two dogs. One of them, Penny, was really nice to me, and the other one, Olive, had to warm up to me. But finally we all liked each other and had a lot of fun playing in the yard together.

I had so  much fun in New Orleans, and I can't wait to go back again soon.


Looking out the window on the airplane

This is Sam with Olive and Penny

That's me trying to tell the humans that I want to go outside and play with Olive and Penny

Definitely not my best look, but, hey, it felt good to get a bath and then get swaddled

Clara reading to me














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Roll Over

Charlie's Beginnings